Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Picture Perspective

When my preschooler brought in a picture of his Papa for show and tell, the teacher asked him, "Does this picture go in a book or a stack?" He looked at her quizzically and didn't know what to say. When she told me the story, I immediately knew the reason for his confusion. The answer was, "They go in the computer!"

For a long time I felt guilty at not having all my pictures beautifully cropped and layed out on acid free, color coordinated paper. Today, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am choosing to throw off all that negativity and be thankful that I have saved all that paper from being stored away in boxes with all my pre-digital camera photos.

Maybe when I'm ready to get my photos off the computer and into the tangible world, I will have thought of a greener way to go. I suddenly have an urge to back up my data...

No comments: