Sunday, December 2, 2007

Diaper Dilemma

I have a friend that I admire for making the decision to use cloth diapers for her three kids. I don't know how she has done it. It seems like so much extra work. I haven't been so kind to the environment. For most of my kids' diaper time, I didn't even dump the poop in the toilet because, to be honest, it really wasn't dumpable. Now, my last child is in the final stretch before potty training, and I'm wondering, "How do I reduce my stinky affect on the environment without driving myself crazy or trying to potty train a child who isn't ready?" I can't undo the last 7 years of diapers on the curb, but there has to be something I can do. Dumping the contents in the toilet (when possible) is a start. I also have a pile of washable plastic pants that I could use when I'm home, and still use the disposables while I'm out of the house. Any other thoughts from moms out there?

No comments: